Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sisters

Halle
http://stardogs.smugmug.com/Photo-Sessions/The-Gordons 

Halle

Halle

Sunny and Halle

There was a lot of tumbling!

Halle trotting next to Marlene

Wild eyed and crazy girls!


There was a lot of this too - they played tough!

Halle

Halle

Sunny with slobber head

Halle




Sunny and Halle got to meet up at the ASCA trial last weekend.  We found a fenced field and turned the sisters loose to run and play.  They sure had fun!  It wasn't easy getting pictures of them flying around the field, in and out of shade and the low morning sunlight.  I did manage to get a few decent ones though.  I will post them in a gallery on smug mug  when I get more time.  I tried to get more pictures of Halle since I have a lot of Sunny!  I took Sunny's ears out of the tape before the trial and they sprung right back into doing the rose ear thing - DARN!  So all the conformation people at the show told me to do the under the chin method with her.  I came home and taped them down.  I don't like the look at all.............sigh..............but I will follow instructions and keep them that way.  It is really messing with my cute puppy pictures!  Of course she is still adorable, but now she has a bonnet head.  I love to see those ears flying, and tongues wagging. 

The sisters are a lot alike in many ways.  Running and playing together, you can hardly tell the difference in them.  They are like two peas in a pod.  Even their white markings on their legs are the same.  They are very similar in personality also.  Both of them like people, although I think Halle loves people even more than Sunny.  They are both losing their teeth right now also.  I thought Halle had way more focus on Marlene than Sunny had on me at the trial.  I was very impressed with the obedience work they were doing around all those distractions.  Sunny was just "out there" and interested in everything around her except me LOL!!!  Sunny is very good around other dogs too, even showing some respect LOL!!  Marlene says that Halle is a little more reserved with other dogs.  It is really fun to see them together and watch how they interact with their world.  Every time they saw each other they pulled together like magnets - couldn't wait to play and roll on the ground biting each other :-)

I have been so busy lately, and have gotten behind with my blog.  Hope to catch up soon.  I want to get some videos of Sunny doing her puppy jump grid - Susan Salo style with the jump bumps.  And I have new pictures too - just need to get them processed.